Our grant to the Institute for Philanthropy assists its efforts to promote all types and levels of philanthropy in the UK.
The Institute for Philanthropy is an independent, non-profit organisation founded in 2000. It aims to encourage everyone who can afford it to make regular, tax-effective gifts to charity. The institute aspires to create a flourishing civic society where good causes are adequately funded and where there is energy, enjoyment and achievement in co-operative philanthropic endeavour.
To achieve this, it undertakes a wide range of activities for donors and charities, including:
- Providing forums for debate on policy and practice at seminars and online
- Influencing government and lobbying for change where required
- Bringing together donors, charities, corporations and charitable foundations in the UK and overseas to instigate and implement change
- Encouraging research and knowledge sharing on philanthropy by offering a home for independent thought and the generation and testing of ideas
- Publishing and disseminating research findings, papers and proceedings and the latest thinking and information on philanthropy in the UK and elsewhere
- Offering education and training for donors, trustees and executives from socially responsible corporations
- Recognizing and rewarding significant achievement in philanthropy and service to civil society